October 05, 2013

sunday brunch



My favourite meal all week, and one of the easiest to make is Sunday brunch. I posted the first image on instagram a few weeks ago and got a few recipe requests so here it is! These recipes are so easy it's almost silly to call them an actual recipe, but they are super delicious!

Huevos Rancheros for 2

 1 pita, lightly toasted, cut in half
eggwhites
 1 green onion
kale
homemade tomato salsa 
(chopped tomatoes, cilantro, s&p, green onion)
1/2 avocado, mashed
black beans

Scramble eggwhites with green onion, place in your pita and top with black beans, homemade salsa, avocado and kale. Enjoy!


Veggies and Eggs for 1

eggwhites
dill
whole wheat toast
portobello mushrooms
asparagus
tomato slices
zucchini
coconut oil

Scramble eggwhites with dill and grill veggies (with coconut oil if you have it, tastes so yummy!). I also love to sprinkle my veggies with a bit of red curry when grilling. It adds a bit of unexpected flavour and pairs really nicely with the coconut oil. 

Happy Sunday brunching!

xoxo denj




3 comments:

Caroline said...

I look forward to brunch all week long - so good!

Sarah said...

This looks so perfect. Brunch is my favourite meal of the day (or weekend).

Sorren Isler said...

SO happy you posted this recipe! I absolutely love huevos and adding kale is genius!