October 02, 2012

kale and quinoa salad


I've never been a huge fan of kale, until now that is! I've always wanted to like kale because of its many health benefits, but I couldn't find a recipe that I liked until I visited a little brunch restaurant that featured a version of this salad. I think the key ingredient might be the citrus flavours brought in by the orange, it seems to balance out the earthiness of the kale. 

ingredients:
2 cups fresh chopped kale
1.5 cup cooked quinoa
2 oranges
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/2 pint blueberries
1/4 cup chopped almonds

toss with a drizzle of olive oil and enjoy!

xo denj


ps. I posted another version of this salad on my instagram {@hellodenj}
with kale, quinoa, tomato, red onion, apple, black beans, sprouts, and lime juice!

13 comments:

criscrascrus said...

amazing pics! yummy! xx

Agnes W said...

Thanks for the lovely comment. I just started eating quinoa a few days ago, having never heard about it before and it's great. Can't wait to try your recipe! Thanks for sharing!


http://infinitehouseofillusions.blogspot.com/

Victoria said...

It looks so delicious!

- Victoria
www.VICKITAS.com

ACT said...

Two of my favorites! Sounds like a lovely combination!!

xo Ashley
http://www.ashnfashn.com

Diana Marks said...

This salad looks delicious!
Follow my blog on Bloglovin'. Let me know in the comments and I will follow back ;)

LA By Diana Live Magazine

Ashley of Southern (California) Belle said...

I love kale and quinoa! I'm definitely going to try this recipe, looks so yummy <3

xo

Ashley

Southern (California) Belle

Courtney Starr said...

That looks SO delish!

xo, Courtney
girlavantgarde.com

Allison said...

That looks so yummy!
PS- Don't forget to enter the giveaway on my blog-open internationally!
:)
Allison
A's Fashion Files
RIRE Giftcard Giveaway
Shop Kawaii Kitsch by A on Etsy!

Ali W. said...

YUM! And these pictures are amazing! I love that this salad had oranges in it. It looks so good! Love your blog girlie :)

The Daydreamer said...

it looks yummy!! although I don't really know what kale is but that food on the picture looks yummy :)

Grace said...

This looks like a refreshing delicious snack! Love! I've been looking for a way to incorporate quinoa.

A Southern Drawl

Rebecca Jane said...

I will have to try this recipe - I've also been trying to like kale but haven't yet found a perfect dish with it that I like. This one sounds tasty!

Petite Adventures said...

This looks delicious - I'll have to give it a try!

Kate xo petite-adventures.blogspot.ca